SOME OF OUR SUCCESSFUL CASE RESULTS…
- The Firm sought a disability discrimination claim and an FMLA interference/retaliation claim against a nursing home on behalf of an occupational therapist. The occupational therapist asserted that her employer failed to address her request for an accommodation for her physical limitations and interfered and retaliated against her when she sought to take FMLA leave to receive medical treatment. The firm successfully opposed Defendant’s Motion for Summary Judgment.
- The Firm obtained a plaintiff’s verdict on behalf of a female chef working for a nursing home. The jury found the employer discriminated against the plaintiff based on her disability and failed to comply with the Family Medical Leave Act. The jury unanimously awarded the plaintiff lost wages and compensatory damages.
- The Firm successfully represented a truck driver who drove a truck for a nationally known trucking company. The plaintiff was fired when he asked for a disability accommodation related to his heart condition.
- The Firm brought an age discrimination claim on behalf of a pharmacist against a well-known pharmacy chain. The pharmacist worked in a run-down pharmacy for over 15 years before the employer tore down the facility and built a brand-new store. Upon the completion of the new store, the employer replaced the 60+ year-old pharmacist with a pharmacist in his twenties. The case was resolved after successfully opposing Defendant’s Motion for Summary Judgment
- The Firm resolved an age discrimination/sex discrimination case on behalf of a female financial controller. The client, the only female on the company’s management team, was excluded from management meetings and lunches, subjected to humiliating and offensive treatment, including pornographic emails, and reassigned to non-management job responsibilities in the office such as watering the flowers.
- The Firm successfully represented a group of veteran female cocktail servers who were terminated by a New Jersey casino because they did not fit the look the casino was looking for in its rebranding.
- The Firm represented a female EMT who accused the chief of the department of sexual harassment. The case was resolved after successfully opposing Defendant’s Motion for Summary Judgment.
- The Firm represented a female car salesperson who was sexually harassed by the owner of the business. Our firm brought a sexual harassment claim and disparate wage claim against the business. The case was resolved at the close of discovery.
- The Firm represented a female Office Manager/HR Manager in a pregnancy discrimination case. When the client returned from maternity leave, she was stripped of all her job responsibilities and then demoted. The case was resolved after successfully opposing Defendant’s Motion for Summary Judgment.
- The Firm successfully represented a female youth program director who was terminated shortly after she told her employer that she was pregnant. The complaint asserted that the employer discriminated against the plaintiff based on her sex/pregnancy and the employer also failed to comply with the Family Medical Leave Act.
- The Firm took on a local college that failed to investigate students’ allegations of sexual harassment and sexual assault. The students’ claims were resolved prior to a complaint being filed.
Wage and Hour
- The Firm represented a group of immigrant workers who worked for a nationally known slaughterhouse. The workers were terminated after they complained about injuries they suffered while working on high-speed production lines. The claims against the slaughterhouse included: wage and hour violations, discrimination, and violations of the Family Medical Leave Act. All claims were resolved prior to any complaint being filed.